Called from a phone borrowed from a couple named, Thunder and Lightning. Paul told them about the poor service he's been getting and the trouble calling home to give me updates. They offered their phone right away. They gave him an apple as well. They had heard about his missing Nutty adventure. Paul really enjoyed talking to this "cool couple." They said they wanted to stay in touch. They are southbounders (Maine-Georgia). I plan to invite them on the blog.
So far on this hike, Paul has been experiencing the awesomeness of nature's beauty and the goodness of people. I'm starting to be convinced anyone who needs a "reality check" should go for a hike!
He's planning to call Aunt Elsie's today to extend Easter greetings to the family.
I'm posting his reapplication to Hunter College this week. He's determined to get back in September. I suppose that's his next goal to finish college as soon as he can!

Thunder and I (Lightening) are just "section hikers" right now trying to do our home state of Virginia one weekend at a time. We have met a few thru-hikers and are sooooo happy to be included in following Parkview. He is such a nice young man with a great story! Thank you for the invite!!!
ReplyDelete