Evening Text from Paul:
Rutland, VT. Twelve Tribes Hostel.
I did my usual Google search about where he's staying. This place is run by a religious organization "cult" The Twelve Tribes. I read a few sites about it. I called him to advise him to not "drink the Kool Aid."
He knew about it already. Not to worry, "I'm a liberal kid from New York."
Actually when I called, he was lounging in a hammock reading a book and had a good veggie meal for dinner. The place was recommended by other hikers. He'll be moving onwards tomorrow to Killington Mt.
Planning to get in touch with Achilles(who is ahead of him) on how to prepare for the White Mountains in New Hampshire. He said he may be calling us with a list of things to send to him. He may need some winter gear. The mountains are known for being winter-like unexpectedly.

No comments:
Post a Comment